Monday, June 6, 2011

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I feel like a big old asshat cause it's been at least a month of so without a post. I really wanted to try and write this consistently but with everything else going on in the shop in May, I got crazy swamped.

May 7th was an important landmark for my store because it was the first time I was able to hold a pre-release tournament for Magic the Gathering stuff. A new set came out on May 13th and because I've been doing organized tournaments for so long now I was able to hold a special tournament a week or so before the new stuff actually came out. This special tournament let participants get the new cards a week ahead of time.

48 people showed up to play. It was a shitstorm.

I had never had that many people in the store before and we were cramped to all get out. 48 stinky nerds crammed together getting their nerd on was a proud sight to see. My dad brought me a disposable camera to take pictures so I could put them up here but none of them turned out. The flash got all messed up or something so that sucked a lot. It was a pretty damn ridiculous night and trying to manage that many people in organized play made my face want to explode.

Thor came out in May as well which has brought in a comfortable influx of people who saw the film and now want to check out the book. Marvel's post Avengers Disassembled Thor reboot written by J.M. Straczynski has been selling super sweet. So that's always great. Got to love the movies bringing in people to read the books.

Speaking of comic movies I saw X-Men: First Class last night and I'm gonna write up my personal review of it tonight and post that up tomorrow. Also coming this week, I'm gonna start doing a top 3 books of the week every Wednesday when new books hit the shelf. Just whatever stuff I think deserves your recognition. Sorry again about the delay, if I start slacking I give you permission to shoot me with laser guns.


Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment